OPEN CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS
Application Period: Until March 31st 2018
In collaboration with CARLES TACHÉ GALLERY & ON MEDIATION
Nectar will host 4 artists during the 3-week residency, one with a fully funded grant and three with 50% funded grant
Nectar is a non-profit cultural organization located in the midst of nature in the off-the-grid 16th-century farmhouse, surrounded by endless forest inside Les Guilleries Natural Park, about 1h and 30min drive north from Barcelona.
In its first artist residency program, Nectar will work in collaboration with ON MEDIATION_Platform on Curatorship and Research, an initiative of the Research Group Art Globalization Interculturality (AGI) from the University of Barcelona.
Participants will live in a big private furnished bedroom
Daily food supply / self-cooked
— Studio Spaces & Facilities:
Studio spaces vary according to the proposed projects and media. Individual space and shared working studios are located in the main farmhouse. Indoor and outdoor spaces (two terraces, a patio, the land of the property and a 60m2 Moroccan tent) are open to the artist’s practice. Artists are also encouraged to use the nature and the environment that surrounds us as their workspace. Artists will have access to studio and workspaces 24 hours a day. The fully equipped-kitchen and the two bathrooms are shared.
Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station.
— Short bio/CV and artists’ statement (PDF up to 10MB)
— Motivation letter (max.300 words)
— Portfolio / Up to 10 images in 1PDF up to 10MB and/or up to 3 videos or links to a website
— Application payment receipt (PDF)
Results will be announced on April 12th 2018.
The Jury is composed of:
Nectar’s co-founders Tai Lomas & Olga Sureda
Carles Taché Gallery’s director Charlie Taché
On Mediation’s coordinators Christian Alonso & Pablo Santa Olalla
Application fee payment:
50% funded 3-week residency for 3 artists in Nectar
Don’t miss the chance to win one fully funded and three 50% funded 3-week residency in Nectar + one month exhibition at Carles Taché Gallery (Barcelona).
* A 35€ application fee is required. The fee is a donation to Nectar non-profit cultural organization and used exclusively to support the Nectar Artist in Residence Program.Information for the Application fee transfer:
IBAN: ES64 2100 0839 8502 0059 0632
SWIFT / BIC:CAIXESBBXXX
Concept: Name + Artist Residency donation
- 1 Full grant (100% funded): No costs / 3 weeks / Private room. Confirmation of the stay at the residency must be done within one week after the announcement.
- 3 Partial grants (50% funded): 600€ / 3 weeks / Private room. Confirmation & Payment must be done within one week after the announcement.
- Each artist will have to donate one work.
- 3 weeks residency at Nectar
- One month exhibition at at Carles Taché Gallery (black & white space)
- Opening event of the exhibition
- Collaboration with On Mediation_Platform on Curatorship and Research
- Texts written by On Mediation’s team and special guests
- Interactions with local agents (curators, writers, art critics) through Open Studio
- One day visit to Barcelona artistic scene – transport included –
- Private bedroom
- Private and Shared working studios
- Food supplies
- Access to Nectar equipments
- Communication and social networks
- Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station.
- Transport Nectar-Barcelona for the exhibition at Carles Taché Gallery
- Travel costs
- Work-shipping after the exhibition