In collaboration with FUNDACIÓN IDEOGRAMA, KOYAC & ON MEDIATION
– Nectar will host 4 artists during the 3-week residency, one with a fully funded grant and three with 50% funded grant –
Nectar is a non-profit cultural organization located in the midst of nature in the off-the-grid 16th-century farmhouse, surrounded by endless forest inside Les Guilleries Natural Park, about 1h and 30min drive north from Barcelona.
In its Artist Residency Program, Nectar will work in collaboration with ON MEDIATION_Platform on Curatorship and Research, an initiative of the Research Group Art Globalization Interculturality (AGI) from the University of Barcelona.
The artists will have the chance to present their work in an Open Studio event and gather along with On Mediation team and guests from the local art scene, enabling a space of conversation and feed-back. On Mediation team will write a short text about each artist’s work that will be used for the exhibition brochure and published at OMMagazine.
The culmination of the residency will be a one month exhibition in FUNDACIÓN IDEOGRAMA artistic and cultural space, located inside the Fàbrica Lehmann, a cultural factory and creative lung located in the heart of the city, where the artists will present their works within the artistic Barcelona scene. The opening will be on June 27th 2019
The artists will have a one year agreement with KOYAC of the works produced during the residency, which will be put on sale through their online platform, aimed to promote and encourage art collecting among new audiences.
In partnership with art galleries around Europe, they make art collecting easy and accessible through education, advisory and the online sale of curated selections of artworks, in order to break the walls that would prevent the general public from diving into the art world.
A one-day visit to exhibitions, art spaces, artist’s studios or other events in Barcelona will be organized by Nectar’s team. During their residency, the artists will have access to Nectar’s administrative and human support and to its network with local artistic and cultural community.
Participants will live in a big private furnished bedroom
Daily food supply / self-cooked
-Studio Spaces & Facilities:
Studio spaces vary according to the proposed projects and media. Individual space and shared working studios are located in the main farmhouse. Indoor and outdoor spaces (two terraces, a patio, the land of the property and a 60m2 Moroccan tent) are open to the artist’s practice. Artists are also encouraged to use the nature and the environment that surrounds us as their workspace. Artists will have access to studio and workspaces 24 hours a day. The fully equipped-kitchen and the two bathrooms are shared.
Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station.
Summarize your project’s proposal, giving the reader a a clear understanding of your intended work / A statement of your needs in order to research and produce your art.To apply, applicants must submit one PDF document (up to 20MB) including the following information by using the online application form:
-Portfolio (Up to 10 images and/or up to 3 links to videos)Documents can be written either in English or Spanish
Application period: February 14th to April 1st 2019
Announcement: Results will be announced on April 12th 2019.
Nectar’s co-founders Tai Lomas & Olga Sureda
Gabriela Berti, from Fundación Ideograma
On Mediation’s team
Application fee payment:
* A 35€ application fee is required. The fee is a donation to Nectar non-profit cultural organization and used exclusively to support the Nectar Artist in Residence Program.–Application fee payment through the online application form–
- 1 Full grant (100% funded): No costs / 3weeks / Private room. Confirmation of the stay at the residency must be done within one week after the announcement.
- 3 Partial grants (50% funded): 600€ / 3 weeks / Private room. Confirmation & Payment must be done within one week after the announcement.
- Each art work value must not exceed 2500€.
- Each artist will have to donate one work
- 3 and a half weeks residency at Nectar
- One month exhibition at at Fundación Ideograma artistic and cultural space, inside the Fàbrica Lehmann,
- One year agreement with KOYAC on the works produced during the residency, which will be put on sale through their online platform
- Opening event of the exhibition
- Collaboration with On Mediation_Platform on Curatorship and Research
- Texts written by On Mediation’s team and special guests
- Interactions with local agents (curators, writers, art critics) through Open Studio
- One day visit to Barcelona artistic scene
- Private bedroom
- Private and Shared working studios
- Food supplies
- Access to Nectar equipments
- Communication and social networks
- Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station.
- Transport Nectar-Barcelona for the exhibition at Fundación Ideograma
- Shipping cost in case of work sales
- Storage for one year
- Travel costs
- Work-shipping at the end of agreement